nief-norf Summer Festival Call for Scores
The nief-norf Summer Festival invites submissions of contemporary scores for performance during the festival, June 12-25, 2017 at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville Campus. Because nnSF2017 is hosting the 6th International Conference on Minimal Music, we are seeking works inspired by or related to minimalism. This may be interpreted creatively and includes works related to musical minimalism, minimalist art, post-minimalism and works in any way inspired by these. We accept scores for chamber ensemble (3-12 players) for any combination of:
flute (all family)
clarinet (all family)
saxophone (all family)
guitar (acoustic or electric)
We welcome any of the following: scores requiring two or more of the same instrument (such as percussion ensemble or string quartet); works including improvisation, electronics, indeterminate notation or instrumentation; works that have been performed, recorded or published. Composers of selected compositions will be invited to attend the festival and coach festival students and faculty in the preparation of the work. All interested composers, at any point in their career are eligible to apply.
Submission fee: $15 for the first composition, $10 for each additional work.
Submission deadline: January 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m.
Applicants should submit:
1) Completed Call for Scores Competition Submission Form including submission fee: http://www.niefnorf.org/call-for-scores
2) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following items:
- PDF of the submission(s)
- PDF of Program Notes and Performance History for the submission(s)
- Audio ( .mp3) or video ( .mov / .mp4) recordings of the work(s), or links to on-line recordings, if available (not required, MIDI versions accepted)
- A brief bio
- Please scan any hand-written materials. For large files, please use a file-sharing service such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
For complete information about the Call for Scores and the 2017 festival, please visit http://niefnorf.org