Call for Chamber Operas
Fresh Squeezed Opera is pleased to announce a Call for Chamber Operas to be performed in summer 2018. Now in our fourth season, FSO has presented five fully-staged new operas.
Fresh Squeezed Opera looks to emerging artists and composers to create our performances within the contemporary music community. Our process lends itself to fulfilling learning experiences for everyone involved. We aim to create exceptional collaborative environments, making the pieces performed are truly living, breathing, works of art.
As company member Barbara Porto explains, “Fresh Squeezed Opera [provides wonderful] chances to breathe life into new works and work closely with composers – a rare opportunity. It is a celebration of talented, up-and-coming singers and composers, and it is an honor to collaborate”.
We are now looking for our 2018 summer opera.
We do not require a fee to submit, but we kindly ask each composer to consider making a donation of $10. (Donations will not affect final decisions).
The selected composer will recieve an honorarium of $200.
RULES and GUIDELINES
- The Call is open to composers of any nationality and age.
- Pieces must have been written within the last 15 years
- Preferred orchestration: 2 violins, viola, cello, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, percussion. Please note, these are just guidelines and by no means required.
- Each composer may send up to 2 different works.
- Submissions via email only to email@example.com with 1. Score (vocal and full if available), 2. Recording of at least 3 minutes of the piece (MIDIs are acceptable), 3. Completed application form
If you have any questions, please contact Jillian Flexner firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: January 15, 2017. Results will be announced on or before February 15, 2017.