Bandwidth Music Festival Call For Scores
Entry Fee: None
Open to: composers preferably with Minnesota connections regardless of age.
Prize: The judging panel will select 5 works to be performed during the 2017 BandWidth Festival, a community band music festival at the Landmark Center, 75 E Fifth Street, Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Deadline: January 15th 2017
Performance Date: April 30th, 2017
Rules for Entry:
• Instrumentation: Works should be arranged for standard wind ensemble and will adhere as closely as possible to the following instrumentation: 1 Pic.[opt], 2 Flute, 1 Oboe, 1 Bssn, 1 Eb Clar. [opt], 3 Bb Clar., 1 Bass Clar.,2 Alto Sax., 1 Tenor Sax., 1 Bari. Sax., 2 Horns., 3 Trpts., 2 Trbn., 1 Bass Trbn., 1 Euph., 1 Tuba, Perc. [opt].
Scores with minimal percussion parts (1 or 2) will be given preference.
• Accessibility: Works will be premiered by Community Bands, ideas and concepts such as Electronic amplification, Graphic Scores, and obscure instrumentation will not be accepted in the call for scores.
• Duration: There is no maximum or minimum duration, but preference is given to works between 4 and
10 minutes in length.
• Prior Performance: Works may not have been publicly performed. Reading and/or recording sessions for the purposes of submission are acceptable. The performance of the winning entries at the BandWidth Music Festival will be considered world premieres, and will be marketed as such.
• Audio Files: Composers are required to include an audio realization (MIDI, live performance, etc.) of their score.
Material to be submitted: Submit a complete score and audio files no later than January 15th, 2017 to email@example.com. Winning composers will be informed prior to January 30th, 2016, and will be invited at their own expense to attend the performance of their work. Upon notification of a winning entry, all performance materials, including one copy of each part, must be submitted by February 8th, 2016.
• Submission deadline: January 15th, 2017
If you have any questions contact Austin Ertelt at firstname.lastname@example.org