The purpose of this event is to encourage the creation of beginning and intermediate level large and small ensemble works for wind instruments by modern composers, and encourage the exposure of those works to local school band programs. Reading ensembles comprised of Brothers of the Beta Omicron chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi at Arizona State University will play and record submitted works. Following the event, applicants will receive a recording of their work and a feedback sheet from members of the ensemble. Applicants will have the option of donating their composition to a local school band.
1. Works submitted may be of any style or genre.
2. Submissions must be written for a large wind ensemble and/or smaller chamber ensembles. Orchestral compositions will not be accepted.
3. Length: Seven (7) minutes maximum. There is no minimum length requirement.
4. Works submitted must be grade two (2) to grade three (3). The American Band College Music Grading Chart is attached.
5. Only one (1) composition may be submitted per applicant.
6. All scores and parts must be submitted by the deadline: April 16, 2017. Applications not submitted by the deadline will only be considered if time allows.
7. All rights and privileges to scores submitted belong solely to the composer except for any recordings made, which may be used for educational purposes.
1. Score and Parts: Scores produced with notation software are preferred. Neatly hand-written scores are also acceptable.
2. Recording: All scores must be submitted with a MIDI recording of the work, used as a reference to the performers.
3. Completed Contest Entry Form
4. Sent to email@example.com before 11:59pm on April 16, 2017.
If you have any questions, or would like to receive a copy of the entry packet, please email Aliyah Qualls at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to performing your compositions!