The Nouveau Classical Project is thrilled to announce its 2017-18 Commissioning Prize! This year we have a lower submission fee and a higher commissioning fee. The selected composer will be commissioned to write a work for The Nouveau Classical Project's 2017-18 season.
Requirements for Submission
- Composers must submit a work written after 2013 and scored for 4-8 instruments
- Inclusion of a recording is required (MIDI realizations are NOT accepted)
- Composers must submit a proposal detailing ideas for the commissioned work (300 words max)
- Composers may only submit one (1) score
- Non-refundable submission fee of $7, paid via the online form
- Open to both US and international composers
- Post-secondary and graduate students are eligible to apply
- Undergraduate students are NOT eligible to apply
Call for Scores Winner
- $1,000 Commissioning fee
- Selected composer will be commissioned to write an 8-15 minute piece for flute (dbl. picc/alto/b. fl), clarinet (dbl. bass), violin, cello, and piano
- This work will be programmed on a concert during the 2017-18 season
- Composer will be required to provide a PDF of a score and parts for the ensemble
- An agreement will be sent to composer that will include deadlines, payment schedule, and the granting of two-year exclusivity to NCP to perform the commissioned work
The winner will be announced by June 1, 2017. Hear the new works by last year's Call for Scores winners David Bird and Isaac Schankler at "Currents" on May 25, 2017 at National Sawdust!
This probably goes without saying, but here it is just in case: The Nouveau Classical Project does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. That being said, we hope anyone and everyone submits for our call for scores!