Diaphonia Edizioni, in collaboration with trio XelmYa+, is proud to organize a Call for score .
Selected scores will be performed by trio XelmYa+ (Alexa Renger – violin, Friederike Börnchen - oboe/cor anglais, Sylvia Hinz – recorders) during two concerts in Italy and Germany and will be published by Diaphonia Edizioni.
1. The Call for score is open to all composers regardless age or nationality.
2. Score(s) must be written for any combination (from solo to trio) of following instruments:
- recorder (sopranino - soprano - alto - tenor - bass - great bass - double-bass)
- oboe / cor anglais
Electronic could be used but not live.
3. Composition(s) should be 4-12 minutes in length.
4. Composition(s) could be alredy performed but not published.
5. Multiple submissions are possible. We request a fee of €20 for the first score and €15 for the next.
6. Documents to partecipate:
- A .doc file where will be written the name, nationality, address, e-mail, a short descirption of composition(s) and finally the consent to processing of personal data according the italian law (you may use this formula: “In compliance with the Italian legislative Decree no. 196 dated 30/06/2003, I hereby authorize you to use and process my personal details contained in this document.” with signature)
- A recent photo (in high definition) and a short bio (in english and/or in italian)
- The score(s), only in PDF.
- A copy of the receipt of payment
- The electronic audio file (if used) in wave stereo, sr 44.100, 16 bit format.
- An audio recording of the score(s) (not mandatory, no midi).
Please, send all documents by mail at email@example.com, evenly using a file sharing service ( Wetransfer, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)
7. Checking account where accredit the entry fee is:
payable to Diaphonia Società cooperativa, via Maroncelli 46, Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto (ME) 98051 – Italia.
8. Submission deadline is 25th of May 2017.
9. The jury, composed by members from Diaphonia Edizioni and by performers from the ensemble, will evaluate and choose a variable number of scores riceived. The winners will be informed by mail and will be sent a contract proposal by 01/06/2017. Some scores may be published also if it will be no winning.
10. The composers , whose works were chosen, are welcome at concerts but their presence is not mandatory. Each composer will arrange for accomodation.
11. The artistic committee of Diaphonia Edizioni should be able to choose a composer, among the winners, who will be request a new work for its recording production.