KAZIMIERZ SEROCKI 15TH INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS’ COMPETITION 2017
Under the honorary patronage
of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage,
Mayor of the City of Warsaw
TOTAL VALUE OF PRIZES: 31.000 PLN
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: August 15th, 2017
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities.
2. More than one score per composer is permitted.
3. It is possible to submit works already performed and/or awarded in other competitions, excluding compositions already published.
1. Only compositions for chamber ensemble of 3 to 5 instruments (chosen from the list below), without conductor.
2. Instruments: 1 flute, 1 oboe, 1 clarinet, 1 bassoon, 1 french horn, 1 piano, 2 violins,
1 viola, 1 cello.
3. Use live electronics or tape is not permitted.
4. Duration: from 10 to 16 minutes.
The First Prize – 16.000 PLN
The Second Prize – 10.000 PLN
The Third Prize – 5.000 PLN
PWM Edition’s Special Prize for the Youngest Winner: a set of Polish contemporary music scores.
Paweł Łukaszewski (Poland)
Paul Patterson (United Kingdom)
Dariusz Przybylski (Poland)
The decisions of the Jury are final.
THE PRIZE WINNERS’ CONCERT
1. The awarded compositions will be performed on 10thof December 2017 in the Witold Lutoslawski Concert Studio, Polish Radio, at a special concert organised by the ISCM Polish Section and Polish Radio Channel 2. The concert will be broadcasted and offered to all members of the European Broadcasting Union.
2. The composer of the awarded work must provide all the performance material at their own expense and send them to the ISCM Polish Section until 1st of November 2017.
3. Composers declare that they possess all rights to their pieces, their composition is original and all materials (parts and full score) are available to the Competition’s organiser free of charge.
1. The score should be submitted anonymously and marked with an alphanumeric emblem.
2. Sealed envelope marked with the same emblem containing the following data should be attached:
a) composer’s full name: first name (s), surname, gender,
b) date and place of birth,
d) address, telephone, e-mail address or fax,
e) title and duration of the composition,
f) brief programme note about composition in English, (or Polish and English)
g) biography and current photo of the composer.
3. The entries should be sent to the following address:
Iwona Kisiel – ISCM Polish Section
ul. Ogrodowa 3
Tel/fax: (+48) 22 827-69-81
Mob. (+48) 535-266-363
4. The deadline for submission of scores is August 15th, 2017. The postmark is decisive.
1. Entry fee for participants is 220 PLN (50 EUR) for each score.
2. The amount should be sent in one of the following ways: PAYPAL on the ISCM Polish Section's website: www.ptmw.art.pl (preferred) or bank transfer (bank charges covered by a sender) to the following account:
ISCM Polish Section
PKO Bank Polski S.A., Warsaw Branch
account number (IBAN): PL 77 1020 1013 0000 0302 0127 1394
Code BIC (Swift): BPKOPLPW
3. The payment receipt must be enclosed with the submitted score.
4. Cheques will not be accepted.
5. The entry fee is not refundable.
1. Entry in the Competition is synonymous with acceptance of the Regulations.
2. Compositions not meeting the requirements stated in the above Regulations will not be admitted to the Competition. In such case the entry fee is not refundable.
3. Contentious cases will be resolved based on the Polish version of the Regulations of the Competition.
4. The submitted scores will not be returned.
Director of the Competition – Maciej Żółtowski
Secretary of the Competition – Iwona Kisiel
The Competition is realised with financial support of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage